Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Final Project Idea


Alright, so I have a couple of similar ideas for units of work....

The first idea has the end goal of students redesigning a game of their choice using Game Maker. This fits nicely in VELS 5.25 and in particularly the visual thinking aspect. My plan is to create a serious of tutorial videos (learning tools) for Game Maker which would be used as by the students in conjunction to set project work leading up to their final project of redesigning a game.

My second idea has the end goal of students redesigning a website (one with bad layout and design principles) through the use of HTML. This would fit into VCE Unit 1 Outcome 3 and once again my plan would be to create a series of tutorial videos in conjunction with the project work (this would most likely be something like designing a website for their favourite sports team) leading up to the final project of redesigning the website.

EDIT: So my final choice was neither of these options but something similar to both. I've decided to make a series of tutorial videos on how to use Photoshop, with the end goal that students will be able to redesign their own movie posters into another genre. So for example redesigning the movie poster of Australia to look like a horror film. I plan to produce the tutorial videos as well as an example of student work, transforming a movie poster into a different genre. This fits in with unit 1 outcome 2 in media studies.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great start man! > I'm not go all out and say you're in the running for a H1, but what I will say is that YOU ARE pretty much the best in the class...by far...so far anyway... hehe

    I like these unit if work ideas too! :) They look great!

    Talk soon man

    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I like both the ideas, specially the second. Waiting to see how it shapes up.
    Roopa.

    ReplyDelete